Athlete Code Of Conduct
At wreSTL we know wreSTLers will achieve their highest potential of sports by committing to pursuing victory with honor according to six core principles:
- trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship.
This Code of Conduct applies to all student-athletes involved in the wreSTL program.
RULE #1: DON’T BE DUMB
- I will show integrity and sportsmanship, doing what’s right even when it’s unpopular.
- I will not lie, cheat, steal or engage in any other dishonest or unsportsmanlike conduct.
- I will do what I say I will do. I will honor my commitments
You represent wreSTL, in and out of this gym, and you should lead by example. Think about your words and actions, understanding that all actions have consequences. Have a sense of pride and purpose in all aspects of your life. People see you, so let them see the best of you at all times!
RULE #2: BE PRESENT
- I will be focused, mindful, and prepared, doing my best to come with a clear mind
- I will leave issues and distractions at the door.
When you are here, you are here and all else outside of wreSTL can wait. Focus on what you have to do in the room. Mental distractions can keep you from achieving your goals on and off the mat. Being present means giving 100% of yourself in what you have to do now.
RULE #3: MAKE GOOD CHOICES
- I will represent my school, club, coach and teammates with honor – on and off the mat.
- I will always show good character and act as a positive role model.
- I will take responsibility for my actions and choices.
Good choices are harder to make than bad ones. We all need to work harder to make better choices in our lives. Make decisions that you believe in. Take responsibility for the choices that you make.
RULE #4: RESPECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- I will show respect for my teammates, coaches, opponents, and club staff at all times.
- I will live and play with class and be a good sport.
- I will be kind in victory and accept defeat with dignity.
While competing or practicing student athletes are representing wreSTL and are expected to act appropriately. Conduct yourself with respect and integrity in anything you do. The greatest gift we have to give is respect and it is the greatest honor we can receive.
RULE #5: MAKE THIS SPACE A PLACE
- I will fulfill club duties after practice and participate in community volunteer opportunities.
- I will take ownership of our wrestling center, treating it as if it were my own.
- I will bring positive energy to the wrestling mat.
Respect the facility; it is more than just a space. When you walk into the center, you are expected to treat it like you are an owner, conducting yourself in a manner of pride and respect.
RULE #6: CLEAN HOUSE, CLEAN BODIES, CLEAN MIND
- I will maintain cleanliness, take care, and show respect for my body by washing daily, eating healthy, and avoiding dangerous substances.
- I will work hard to keep the wrestling club clean and safe.
- I will help my teammates stay safe and clean through a positive attitude and leadership.
It is mandatory that we maintain clean practices with our equipment, our facility and ourselves. A clean mind is as important as a clean body.